I don't recall there ever being a winter like we have had in the last 45 days. It has been non'stop snow or ice at the site. For those of you that are not familiar with the site, it sits at 3550 ft elevation, north side of the hill and has constant wind. This combination creates an extremely difficult scenario for building.
It looks like this week should be OK, although we have the potential for some ice tonight but the remainder of the week looks just fine. If this forecast holds up we should be able to get our membrane roof and metal fascia started as well as our HVAC, electrical and plumbing rough in. We are also throwing around the idea of creating a covered entry into the home at the front door. This structure would consist of a flat roof (actually a pitch of 1" in 12') 12' long and 5 feet wide and a floating bridge with metal handrail on the right due too about a 10 foot drop on the right side of the bridge. I have attached the proposed design and would appreciate any feedback.